Darren McBurnett “McTeams”
Darren McBurnett “McTeams” is a highly decorated combat veteran, Navy SEAL and diversely skilled operator. As a SEAL platoon leader, he has deployed over eight times into combat zones in four theaters of war. With a 23-year+ career as a United States Navy SEAL, he has operated with multiple SEAL teams to include; SEAL Team One, SEAL Team Two, SEAL Team Three, SEAL Team Four and SEAL Team Eight. He has over 45 individual, unit and campaign honors including the Bronze Star with Valor, Meritorious Service Medal, Joint Service Commendation Medal, 2 Navy/Marine Corps Commendation Medals, 2 Army Commendation Medals, Joint Service Achievement Medal, and five Navy/Marine Corps Achievement Medals.
While McBurnett has had a successful Navy career, he is also an award winning photographer, videographer and a well-versed speaker. His speaking career started two years ago while on tour with a veteran’s charity, Folds of Honor. He has since been booked with multiple organizations, in varying industries. His message is not only motivational on a corporate level, but also promotes individual and personal growth and responsibility. Companies include:
Folds of Honor, Thrivent Group, CITI Bank, Tall Oak Midstream, EnLink, Big Chief, CDW and Your Grateful Nation
McBurnett uses a multi-media experience throughout his presentation. The videos and pictures provide the audience a first-hand look at what Navy SEALs experience in becoming a top-tier operator and help drive home McBurnett’s points of determination, leadership, communication, teamwork and the NEVER QUIT attitude.
Topics of Discussion
– Finding your potential (a visual walk through of Navy SEAL training, focusing on Hell Week, and how it defines the “NEVER QUIT attitude” which makes SEALs successful)
– Leadership in a SEAL platoon (outlining why SEAL team leaders are successful and defining the characteristics that promote leadership – influences, credibility, making a difference)
– Mastering the basics (keeping things simple and paying attention to details)
– Decision making in times of peril and how to make difficult decisions under fire (using examples of SEALs that were awarded Medal of Honor)
– The art of effective communication
– Aspects of Navy SEAL character (motivation, work ethic, integrity, mental toughness, teamwork, humility, and defining who you are)